Forums - Adreno Profiler ES3 support

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Adreno Profiler ES3 support
Teemu Virolainen
Posted: Wed, 2013-09-04 05:48

Hi,

According to Adreno Profiler help page it lists OpenGL ES 3.0 as an supported API. However there is no scrubber or anything else available for it.

If I attempt to use the Scrubberv2x it doesn't naturally work as the emulator chokes on the GL commands received from the device.

Are we going to get Scrubber for ES3 anytime soon? Or are there some tips on how to cheat the ScrubberV2?

• Up0
  • Down0
Dave Astle
Profile picture
Posted: Wed, 2013-09-04 07:29
We use the 2.x scrubber for 3.0 support. What do you mean when you say the emulator chokes on it? The emulator does require a fairly recent OpenGL driver for full functionality (4.1, I believe)
  • Up0
  • Down0
Teemu Virolainen
Posted: Thu, 2013-09-05 04:25

I had OpenGL 4.2 drivers installed. I updated them to 4.3 and now it seems to work. I have an AMD card so I had to take a beta driver for that. Nonetheless the shader compiler view flashes the "#version 300 es is higher than..." error message, but at least eventually it will accept them.

Thanks for the help. I am still unable to use the big preview window to see frame and FBO contents but most of the functionality is ok now.

• Up0
  • Down0
Dave Astle
Profile picture
Posted: Thu, 2013-09-05 07:38

If you have an .apk you can share with us, we can investigate why it's not rendering in the scrubber.

• Up0
  • Down0
cloud1250000
Posted: Tue, 2013-09-10 18:52
  • Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.