Forums - Can't compile Adreno SDK 3.3.3 samples

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Can't compile Adreno SDK 3.3.3 samples
saritha.d
Posted: Thu, 2013-08-08 11:36

Hi,

I'm trying to compile Adreno SDK examples on Linux platform. I"m trying to build using ndk-build as mentioned in the Readme.txt. It throws an error "can't find -lOpenCL'. I'm assuming it's not able to find libOpenCL.so.  Can you tell me to which folder I have to copy libOpenCL.so file(for Adreno 330)  so that it can find the library and not throw error during ndk-build?

Thanks

• Up0
  • Down0
Stefan3D
Posted: Fri, 2013-08-09 07:51

Same here under Windows

To build e.g. "DeviceQuery" i copied libopencl.so into DeviceQuery/Android/src/lib/armeabi-v7a/

That didn't help though. When running it on Android logcat says devicequery.so not found

Also on building i get the error "installassets" not found

Actually i failed with each sample that reads version 4.12

The only one i build successfully is Skydome 1.0, screenshot here: http://goo.gl/7kxBZQ

• Up0
  • Down0
khawkins Moderator
Posted: Mon, 2013-08-12 11:12

We recommend copying libOpenCL.so to your Android NDK platform target directory. For example: ndk/platforms/android-14/arch-arm/usr/lib.

• Up0
  • Down0
Stefan3D
Posted: Tue, 2013-08-13 10:12

OK, i copied the lib to NDK

Now DeviceQuery runs, but only in CPU mode.

Is this because of Jellybean 4.3 update?

OpenCL Platform: QUALCOMM
Selected device: GPU
OpenCL Device Name (0) : QUALCOMM Adreno(TM)
Could not create OpenCL context.
---
OpenCL Platform: QUALCOMM
Selected device: CPU
OpenCL Device Name (0) : QUALCOMM Krait(TM)
                     CL_PLATFORM_PROFILE: EMBEDDED_PROFILE
                     CL_PLATFORM_VERSION: OpenCL 1.1 QUALCOMM build: AU_LINUX_ANDROID_JB_VANILLA.04.02.02.60.051_msm8960_JB_VANILLA_CL2997615_release_AU (CL2997615)
Build Date: 04/11/13 Thu
Local Branch:
Remote Branch: quic/mako_jb_mr1

RunTests: PASSED

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.