Forums - EGL Extension of Adreno 205

1 post / 0 new
EGL Extension of Adreno 205
macaronics
Posted: Mon, 2013-06-24 07:28

Hi,

I use function "eglCreateImageKHR" to create texture and share it between multiple context, the code runs ok on device SONY Xperia TX (Adreno 225), SONY Xperia Tablet Z (Adreno 320), SONY Xperia V,... but failed on device SONY Xperia neo L, HTC inspire 4g,  Sony Ericcson Live with Walkman, HTC Sensation XL,... they all have the same GPU : "Adreno 205"

I have checked the spec. of Adreno 205, it says the chip support EGL1.3. and then,... I use code "eglQueryString(eglGetDisplay(ELG_DEFAULT_DISPLAY), EGL_EXTENSIONS))" to print the extension string...

The following string display on device SONY Xperia TX and SONY Xperia Tablet Z :

EGL_KHR_image EGL_KHR_image_base EGL_KHR_gl_texture_2D_image EGL_KHR_gl_texture_cubemap_image EGL_KHR_gl_renderbuffer_image EGL_KHR_fence_sync EGL_ANDROID_image_native_buffer

and the following string display on device SONY Xperia neo L (Adreno 205) :

EGL_KHR_image EGL_KHR_image_base EGL_KHR_image_base EGL_KHR_fence_sync EGL_ANDROID_image_native_buffer EGL_ANDROID_image_native_buffer

it seems missing some feature like EGL_KHR_gl_texture_2D_image, and that it is why the code cannot run on chip Adreno 205.

Did i miss to setup something ?  How to let the Adreno 205 to support the feature EGL_KHR_gl_texture_2D_image ?

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.