Forums - From PowerVR to Adreno

1 post / 0 new
From PowerVR to Adreno
undersun
Posted: Tue, 2011-04-19 08:49

Our OpenGL ES 1.1 application  works smoothely on  PowerVR 3D accelerator (iPhone 3GS, Samsung Galaxy S I9000), but we'got a low FPS on the adreno 205 device (HTC Desire A8181). 

Scenes have 60% static two layered geometry (lightmap + diffuse) 30% dynamic geometry also two-layered and 10% additive blended billboards. Sometimes big explosions which makes almost full screen alpha  quads.

We converted all textures to ATITC compression format but performance is still low.

So I want to try some optimisations:

- Render in to passes only Z buffer first and then color buffer using prepared Z

- Move most geometry to VBO

-Prepare geometry using QSort

-Sort  from front to back 

-Give me another advice

Which of this optimisations will makes the most effect on the performance, what should I test at first?

Does the OpenGL ES 1.1 wrapper makes sufficient impact on performance?

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.