Forums - [JB Porting to msm8960 device] - qcom propritary adreno driver fails while android (JB) is booting

1 post / 0 new
[JB Porting to msm8960 device] - qcom propritary adreno driver fails while android (JB) is booting
manojhcl
Posted: Thu, 2013-02-28 23:36

Dear All,

I am porting JB for QCom's msm8960 architecture (specifically for APQ8060A boards). I have downloaded several MSM8960

specific Code aurora releases and compiled them for msm8960. I have also downloaded Adreno user space drivers binaries

from the following URL:

https://developer.qualcomm.com/mobile-development/mobile-technologies/gaming-graphics-optimization-adreno/tools-and-resources

After successful compilation when I run the Android image on the board, But a graphics related issue occurs.

'/system/bin/bootanimation' is not able to display anything on the screen and receives error while executing

eglSwapBuffers. Following are the Android 'main' logs for the error.

E/libEGL               (  515): eglApi.cpp : [eglSwapBuffers] dp->disp.dpy:1, s->surface:1

W/Adreno200-EGLSUB(  515): <GetBackBuffer:2172>: handle base address is NULL

W/Adreno200-ES20(  515): <gl2_surface_swap:43>: GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY

W/Adreno200-EGL(  515): <qeglDrvAPI_eglSwapBuffers:3477>: EGL_BAD_ALLOC

E/libEGL  (  515): [eglSwapBuffers] result = 0

W/Adreno200-EGLSUB(  515): <GetBackBuffer:2172>: handle base address is NULL

W/Adreno200-EGL(  515): <qeglDrvAPI_eglSwapBuffers:3477>: EGL_BAD_ALLOC

E/BootAnimation(  515): [BootAnimation.cpp][android] retval of eglSwapBuffers  = 0 

W/Adreno200-GSL(  515): <gsl_ldd_control:225>: ioctl code 0x40040921 (IOCTL_KGSL_SHAREDMEM_FREE) failed: errno 22 Invalid argument

Please let me know if any one of you has faced such problem.

I was doubting that Adreno user space drivers which I downloaded explicilty from QCom's website are not compatible with

the Android release, Therefore I tried with several Android releases but nothing works and shows the same error always.

Best Regards

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.