Forums - Multisample anti-aliasing, enable MSAA in Android 3+ (HC, ICS, JB)

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Multisample anti-aliasing, enable MSAA in Android 3+ (HC, ICS, JB)
vadim_naz
Posted: Wed, 2012-12-05 16:05

Hi everyone!

I found on XDA how to I activate the MultiSampling Antialiasing (MSAA) ,it does not work for me<or didn't see differense / do something wrong>

But I still belive that path gonna work!

I'm not a programmer, so I don't know how to make it work.

*need mount /system before flash!

*maybe need to enable script veryfication(or something like that in cwm recovery)?

*after flash there maybe 2 build.prop in system folder, so delete the second ( with "/n" within)

ALL INFORMATION ON XDA

files that was twiked:

build.prop
adreno_config.txt
egl.cfg
libGLES_android.so

download : with msaa         without msaa      

• Up0
  • Down0
vadim_naz
Posted: Thu, 2012-12-06 02:42

Maybe someone knows how to make that script working?

Or somehow in different way?

• Up0
  • Down0
mhfeldma Moderator
Posted: Thu, 2012-12-06 07:48

MSAA is a feature supported in our Adreno graphics drivers which is enabled by setting up appropriate EGL parameters in an OpenGL based graphics application.

Refer to the following for details:

http://www.khronos.org/opengles/documentation/opengles1_0/html/eglChoose...

Generally EGL_SAMPLE_BUFFERS is set to 1 and EGL_SAMPLES is set to 2 or 4, depending on whether 2x or 4x MSAA is desired.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.