Forums - Adreno profiler and GLES 2.0

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Adreno profiler and GLES 2.0
mxadd
Posted: Wed, 2010-12-29 11:48

Is there any way to profile gles 2.0 context using adreno profiler (version 2.2.3881.29277) ?

My engine may create gles 1.x renderer or 2.0 renderer, the first one is easily profilable, but when i chose to render using gles 2.0 I cannot connect (the activity is not shown in the connect window). Do I need to do somethin special to profile 2.0 enabled context ? (I'm profiling on nexus one if that matters)

Thanks for info!

• Up0
  • Down0
Steve L (not verified)
Posted: Mon, 2011-01-03 16:20

You should be able to profile with a GLES 2.0 context with your device.  Can you describe what happens when you do the following:

1. Open Profiler

2. Launch the app

3. Connect

4. Open a scrubber 2.x window

And report what you see happening from the Connect window?

• Up0
  • Down0
mxadd
Posted: Mon, 2011-01-03 22:49

1] I'v opened the profiller

2] I'v lunched the app (my app or neocore, does not matter)

3] I CANNOT connect from profiller, the connection window is empty :)

If i run GLES 1.x based app it shows nicellyin connection window, any ideas ?

• Up0
  • Down0
[email protected] (not verified)
Posted: Tue, 2011-01-04 15:28

Can you try scrubbing your application that you can connect to with a 2.x scrubber?  Even though it is an opengl 1.x application the 2.x scrubber should still work.  There's a possibility that your application does not have the internet permissions enabled in the Android manifest.  This will prevent profiler from connecting.  Neocore is a 1.x app itself, so, I don't think this is related to the opengl version.  I seem to recall the copy of Neocore from the marketplace did not have permissions enabled so this would be consistent with your problem.  If you look for manage applications in your Android menu you should be able to check whether an application has these permissions are enabled or not.If not, could you possibly provide a sample .apk which is not working?

• Up0
  • Down0
mxadd
Posted: Wed, 2011-01-05 12:58

Thanks

Adding network permissions to activity manifest resolved things out.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.