Forums - Up-to how many uniform vectors declaration in fragment-shader is safe for adreno 200 for most compatobilty?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Up-to how many uniform vectors declaration in fragment-shader is safe for adreno 200 for most compatobilty?
devang024
Posted: Sun, 2012-09-09 06:57

In my project I am in need to use as many uniform vectors in fragment shaders as possible.

So, for much long time have been searching on net about common maximum numbers of uniform vectos in fragmet shader for all GPUs for mobiles.

I found that PowerVR SGX supports upto 64 uniform vectors in fragment shaders (Reference Link)

also on nvidia tegra devices (to my surprize!!!) have 1024 uniform vectors in fragment shaders ( Reference Link)

So, anyone let me know HOW MANY UNIFORM VECTORS ARE ALLOWED IN FRAGMENT SHADERS FOR ADRENO-200(ALSO,HOPEFULLY LATER VERSIONS!!)

THESE SPECIFICATIONS ARE FOR GLSL FOR OPENGL ES 2.0. 

My purpose to know this is to decide the minimum requirement so I can have less compatibilty isseues.

Thank you.

• Up0
  • Down0
Mark_Feldman Moderator
Posted: Mon, 2012-09-10 15:38

Although 221 are exposed by the graphics driver there are some that are internally used, so 216 is a safe amount.

You can query the value with a glGetIntegerv(GL_MAX_FRAGMENT_UNIFORM_VECTORS)

Alternatively, you can try searching for GlView, an OpenGL Extensions Viewer/app which will display the maximum number of fragment uniforms.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.