Forums - The OpenGL ES rendered scene of applications running on devices armed with Quallcomm chipset (Adreno 205) is broken

1 post / 0 new
The OpenGL ES rendered scene of applications running on devices armed with Quallcomm chipset (Adreno 205) is broken
miancu
Posted: Tue, 2012-07-10 23:35

The issue reproduces on

HTC One V using Android 4.0.3

Sony Ericsson ARC S using Android 4.0.3

HTC Sensation XL

Samsung Galaxy Plus

I have a simple application rendering a textured sphere centered in (0,0,0) (NeHe lesson 18 for Android).The initialized OpenGL (1.x)  has pixel format with antialiasing:

private static final int[] EGLCONFIG_ATTRIBUTES_MULTISAMPLE = {
                EGL10.EGL_RED_SIZE, 5,
                EGL10.EGL_GREEN_SIZE, 6,
                EGL10.EGL_BLUE_SIZE, 5,
                EGL10.EGL_STENCIL_SIZE, 4,
                EGL10.EGL_DEPTH_SIZE, 16,
                EGL10.EGL_SAMPLE_BUFFERS, 1,
                EGL10.EGL_SAMPLES, 4,
                EGL10.EGL_NONE
};

I set the OpenGL camera to be close to the sphere to see it on all screen. I increased the number of sphere mesh triangles to have more than 5000 triangles.The used texture is an earth texture with 1024 x 512. To sphere rotates slowly around its Y axe.

Rotating the device from portrait to landscape (and viceversa) the bottom part of the screen gets corrupted / broken meaning the sphere is cut and by time to time you can see random sphere triangle appearing and dissapearing.

Without antialising the issue does not reproduce! With less triangles the issue does not reproduce.

On other Android devices with other graphical chipset the issue does not reproduce.

I hope you may be able to reproduce and to provide a feedback.

Also I can share you the demo if you want.

Best regards...

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.