Forums - Help needed Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Help needed Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008
Luk3yB0y
Posted: Mon, 2012-02-13 16:17

First of all id just like to say hey to all the devs out there, im new to this so would appreciate any help you can provide.

i have a problem with my phone, the htc sensation and i understand it has the snapdragon s3 dual core....

i was trying to flash a new rom to the phone and it was corrupt, ended up completely wiping the recovery and boot etc, basically at the moment my phone is a brick...

its connected to the computer as a qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM4).. at first computer didnt recognise it but managed to find drivers for it... 

if i am assuming correct, this is the back door state in which i can load some sort of software to it to start bringing it back to life, or so i have been told.. the fact that the computer recognises it as something, is a start right??? now all i need is to find out what i need and where i can get it.. if anyone out there has had a similar problem or knows anything on how i may be able to sort this out i will be most gratefull as i dont really want to sent it off to htc for repair, coz i dont have that kind of money at the moment. i have registered as a dev so can get software as long as i know what to look for.. thanks... luke x

• Up0
  • Down0
pratik.sheth2
Posted: Fri, 2013-03-29 00:18

dude even i faced this problem yesterday
do u found any solution to this

• Up0
  • Down0
ChronicMixTapes
Posted: Thu, 2013-05-02 10:43

I also flashed the wrong ROM to my Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-i535.  I'm in the same boat, my phone's driver is being registered as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM &).  

Still searching for a solution.

• Up0
  • Down0
ChronicMixTapes
Posted: Thu, 2013-05-02 10:44

(COM 7)  not (COM &).

• Up0
  • Down0
Talustus
Posted: Sat, 2013-05-11 16:20

Seems that while flashing that ROM you have managed to destroy parts of the Bootloader, wich finaly results in the device doing nothing. (Black Screen etc)

Partitialy you are right yes "QHS-USB Mode" means your device is hard bricked an in the so called QHS-USB Download Mode

but this mode is meant for vendors to flash bootloaders etc on the devices.

To access the device in a propper way u need some "non-public" tools wich QCOM usaly only supplies to vendors not to endusers!

Without thoose programs u will be not able to access the device in any way, even with thoose tools without the expierience and knowledge and files u need, i guess u will not be able to recover it yourself.

I do not want to risk some trouble with QCom at all so i do not can point u to the propper tools to use but i'm sure when using google u will be able to find out what tools i'm talking about.

In my mind the best way for you to recover that device is a JTAG

So my suggestion is to search for a JTAG in your region a JTAG in europe usaly is arround 30 euro but price can differ in your country

best regards

Talu

• Up0
  • Down0
Naineesh Rathod
Profile picture
Posted: Sun, 2013-05-19 02:33

can i use j-tag on dead karbonn A21,..?? which if connected shows qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008,......so if use j-tag,..will it be useful,..??

• Up0
  • Down0
Talustus
Posted: Fri, 2013-06-14 21:20

at all a JTAG will help on everything that is related to destroyed partitions/bootloaders etc but will never work for hardware damages

so in your case it should recovery your device.

please keep in mind a JTAG is no easy job and needs to be done by a expert, needs micro solder station and equipment etc 

• Up0
  • Down0
larryl79
Posted: Fri, 2014-03-28 14:41

I've got same problem with my Asus Padfone A66, it's hardbricked. Wthout battery it's in qualcomm download mode.

QPST program maybe can help, but how?!

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.