Forums - Camera driver source code for the Qualcomm MSM7230 chipset

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Camera driver source code for the Qualcomm MSM7230 chipset
William_Bridge
Posted: Sun, 2012-03-11 20:14
I'm writing on behalf of a bunch of guys who develop ROMs for the HTC Desire Z phones from the XDA Developers community.
What we are after is the source code for the camera drivers on our phone so we can develop our version of IceCream Sandwich (ICS) for our users. We have reason to believe that HTC will not release ICS for the Desire Z so we are developing our own ROM for those who would like it on their phone.
So I'm writing to you to ask if it is possible for your company to release the source code for the camera on the chipset used in the phone which is Qualcomm MSM7230.  
We have contacted HTC but their response was that because Qualcomm has created the camera, the source code is in your hands.
So is it possible for your company to release the source code of the camera driver? We do not seek to profit from it as all ROMs created by the XDA community is given away for free and the community prohibit members (as required by the law of our countries too) from making financial gains from other companies intellectual properties.
thanks.
  • Up0
  • Down0
Steve L Moderator
Posted: Thu, 2012-03-15 10:45

Unfortunately the scope of the developer forums is focused on application development and not on custom ROM building, so the low-level resources that you are seeking would best be found on other sites dedicated to those efforts.

Have you checked with Code Aurora Forum?  http://www.codeaurora.org/ Any open sourced camera drivers may be available on there, though you'll have to navigate the release trees.

• Up0
  • Down0
William_Bridge
Posted: Sat, 2012-03-17 18:57

Hi Steve,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I didn't realised that this forum was more geared to application development. We'll have a look at the Code Aurora forum and see if we have better luck there.

thanks again.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.