Forums - Object detection/tracking

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Object detection/tracking
Andreas_Atteneder
Posted: Mon, 2011-12-12 07:32

hi there,

i'm trying to find a way, to detect (and maybe also track) small, organic shaped objects in a reliable way. unfortunately their surface doesn't have much contrasty featurepoints, so the AR SDK wasn't much of help.

fastCV's object recognition sounds interesting, but i failed in setting it up and i couldn't find sample applications. is it possible to use fastCV for this kind of purpose?

i was thinking about using the shape of the object's silhouette to do the recognition.

any help is much appreciated. thanks.

andreas

• Up0
  • Down0
Ali_Ansari
Posted: Thu, 2011-12-15 11:10

Hi,

Have you downloaded and installed the FastCV SDK? It comes with sample application that you can use as a reference in building your CV application. Can you please clarify what error you got when you tried to set it up?

• Up0
  • Down0
Andreas_Atteneder
Posted: Fri, 2011-12-23 02:08

hi,

when i was trying, there was only one demo (featurepoint detection). i just saw, that with recent versions, newer demos are included. i'll try to have a look at them soon.

thanks!

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.