Forums - Problem with fcvFilterCanny3x3u8

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Problem with fcvFilterCanny3x3u8
Panayiotish
Posted: Thu, 2012-09-13 03:45

Hello all!

After managing combining FastCV with OpenCV the time to replace cvCanny with fcvFilterCanny3x3u8 came! Firstly I had to align the 8-bit source and destination images in order to pass them as arguments in fcvFilterCanny3x3u8. When I did that, the project was built without any errors, but when I run the project in my Android phone, I open ddms and I got the following after the execution of fcvFilterCanny3x3u8:

/home/User/android-ndk-r4-crystax/build/platforms/android-3/arch-arm/usr/include/fastcv/fastcv.inl@1846: (low >=0 ) && (low <= 255)

/home/User/android-ndk-r4-crystax/build/platforms/android-3/arch-arm/usr/include/fastcv/fastcv.inl@1847: (high >=0 ) && (high <= 255)

Is that an error? Because my project doesn't work as before from that point after. And if it is an error, what does it mean? 

• Up0
  • Down0
jeff4s Moderator
Posted: Thu, 2012-09-13 10:03

You are seeing assert error message. It appears that the parameters low & high are outside of valid range between 0 and 255.

Please set them within this range (also low < high) and try again.

Cheers,

-Jeff

• Up0
  • Down0
Panayiotish
Posted: Sat, 2012-09-15 08:21

I have found what the problem was finally. The thing was that with cvCanny I was using as hysterisis threshold the values of 1000 and 2000 (min and max respectively). Obviously, on fcvFilterCanny3x3u8 these values should be different. I used the default values (0 and 15) and everything was ok!

But the question now is what is the association of the values of the thresholds of cvCanny with the values of fcvFilterCanny3x3u8. In specific, what values should I put in fcvFilterCanny3x3u8 In order to achieve the same result as using cvCanny with values 1000 and 2000? 

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.