Forums - NMEA sentence definitions

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
NMEA sentence definitions
Brian_Wilson
Posted: Wed, 2012-02-22 11:57

What is the format of the special Gobi $PQXFI sentence?

The $GPRMC sentence on the GOBI device I am using (in a Motion Computing tablet computer) does not emit values for Speed or Course.

Docs for all the NMEA (the actual Qualcomm implementation not the generic docs at aprs.gids.nl) would be good to have.

Thanks

--Brian

• Up0
  • Down0
Alan_Soloway Moderator
Posted: Mon, 2012-02-27 14:11

Hello Brian,

The $PQXFI provides diagnostic information which has no additional value at the user level.  This is used by our GPS Team to support remote debugging.

The other sentences follow the NMEA standard, so there are no additional documents required by Qualcomm to explain those formats.

I am not sure why you would not get complete NMEA data including Speed and Course. Are you testing in clear sky conditions?  If you can provide a capture of the NMEA sentences, I can try to determine if there is anything wrong.

Regards, Alan

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.