Forums - BIOS locked gobi1000/gobi2000 HP un2400/un2420 cards, use in new embedded device

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
BIOS locked gobi1000/gobi2000 HP un2400/un2420 cards, use in new embedded device
william_petrisko
Posted: Tue, 2012-01-31 23:57

I am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction.

We are currently developing a new embedded application (ARM9 processor running linux with Gobi cards for connectivity), and would like to use some of the older Gobi1000 and Gobi2000 modules.  We decided to try and use the older modules because of the low cost and availability on the used market, as well as not needing the additional speed/networks/etc that the newer cards have.

Are there any developer documents that describe how the "2-way bios lock" feature works?

The devices are getting recognized under linux, however we are unable to load firmware (hangs.)  Wondering if this might be the issue.

thanks

bill

• Up0
  • Down0
Alan_Soloway Moderator
Posted: Thu, 2012-02-02 07:55

Hello Bill,

In order to disable the 2-way BIOS lock, you would need to work with the card OEMs.  This might be the issue you are experiencing, but it is impossible to know without further debugging.  I would suggest contacting the card OEM.

You could also post your quesiton on the Linux forum to see if they can offer additional advice.

Regards, Alan

• Up0
  • Down0
william_petrisko
Posted: Thu, 2012-02-02 18:31

Alan

So would the OEM be HP in this case?  I have a feeling that it would be an exercise in futility trying to get any useful information out of them.

As a developer of new hardware that will use these devices, wouldn't I be considered my own OEM?  I am looking for the Gobi documentation on the actual data content and flow that is used for the bios locking feature.

Thank you

bill

• Up0
  • Down0
Alan_Soloway Moderator
Posted: Fri, 2012-02-03 08:52

Bill,

Since you are using the HP version of the Gobi module, HP will be your initial contact point for support of the BIOS-lock feature.  HP does have support forums, so that may be your best avenue.  I cannot consider you a Qualcomm OEM in this case as you are integrating an HP product.

I'm sorry that I could not be of more help.  I do hope that you get the necessary support from HP.

Regards, Alan

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.