Forums - Gobi 4000

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gobi 4000
Dave_Smith
Posted: Thu, 2012-04-12 15:22

From what I have read, the Gobi 4000 platform supports 3G/4G technologies. I have one of these devices in a Dell Latitude E6420 however I am having a few issues trying to connect to the device and make a connection to carriers other than Verizon. According to what I have read in the press releases this should not be an issue though.

http://www.qualcomm.com/media/releases/2011/11/15/qualcomm-announces-commercial-availability-gobi-4000-platform-4g-lte-conne

Perhaps this is just a misleading press release? A followup press release talks about a 2012 Q4 release of "...chipsets, will begin sampling in Q4 2012 and will be the first to support both HSPA+ Release 10 and the next-generation of the LTE mobile broadband standard..." per the press release below:

http://www.qualcomm.com/media/releases/2012/02/27/qualcomm-third-generation-lte-chipsets-are-first-support-hspa-release-10-l

I saw a Gobi 4000 product sheet somewhere a few months ago but can't seem to locate it now. I was kinda suprised to see this was not linked up on this site side by side with the Gobi 2000 & Gobi 2000. Just so I can verify that what I am doing is supported by the chipset, does anyone happen to have a link the technical spec sheet or the product sheet of the Gobi 4000?

Thanks in advance, I just want to make sure I am developing on the right platform here, but with my luck I am after the 5th generation chipset (Gobi 5000 ?) due to be released at the end of the year.

• Up0
  • Down0
Alan_Soloway Moderator
Posted: Mon, 2012-04-16 01:22

Hello,

Gobi2000 and Gobi3000 are specific products (only one version was produced) and thus had datasheets posted on this web site. For Gobi4000, different Gobi-compliant chipsets are provided to module developers and thus there could be multiple Gobi4000 modules.  You would need to contact the module developers to get datasheets for any available Gobi4000 modules.

Regards, Alan

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.