Forums - Querying the Device Key

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Querying the Device Key
Brent_Yates
Posted: Tue, 2012-04-10 13:21

I have a bit of a complicated scenario, but I am going to simplify it to one question here and possibly follow up with future unrelated posts.

Using the Gobi 3000 API and the Sierra MC8305 (which I have been TOLD implements a Gobi 3000 API but I can't find confirmation of that beyond it implementing a "Gobi API"), the QCWWAN2kEnumerateDevices function does not find the device.  I can get the device ID using the Windows API, but I am unsure what the device key is specifically, or how to get it.

My hope is that if I can get the device key, I can still make a connection to this device using QCWWAN2kConnect (despite not being able to enumerate this device using the API function).

If anybody knows how to manually get this, or can confirm that I will not be able to connect to the MC8305 even if I have the device key, your help is appreciated.  Thanks!

• Up0
  • Down0
Brent_Yates
Posted: Tue, 2012-04-10 14:22

By following the instructions in the post "Gobi 3000 GobiSampleCM Not Finding Device", I was able to get the sample CM to connect to the device.  Which means I shouldn't be too far off from communicating with the device using my own code, without the need to manually get the device key.

• Up0
  • Down0
Alan_Soloway Moderator
Posted: Wed, 2012-04-11 11:35

Hi Brent,

I'm glad you were able to connect to the device with the SampleCM. This fundamental step should pave your way for easy implementaiton as the SampleCM provides coding for many of the usual device interactions.

Regards, Alan

• Up0
  • Down0
Blurpo
Posted: Mon, 2013-04-22 01:22

Hi Brent - did you get anywhere with this ?

Thanks

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.