Forums - Is there a Registry Setting to keep a Gobi 3000 radio always on?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Is there a Registry Setting to keep a Gobi 3000 radio always on?
Scott_Evans
Posted: Thu, 2012-03-22 06:36

I'm working with a Honeywell 99ex handheld running Win Mobile 6.5.3.  We have a data connection to Verizon for the delivery application we are developing.  Data is sent periodically after each stop.  The issue is, when the 99ex suspends from inactivity and the user turns it back on, the radio is disconnected from Verizon and it takes from 30 sec to 1 min to reconnect. 

I know there are some power management APIs that can keep the 99ex from suspending, but my question is, is there a simple registry setting (or some other setting) to keep the radio on always?

• Up0
  • Down0
Alan_Soloway Moderator
Posted: Thu, 2012-03-22 07:48

Hello,

There are module APIs to control the connectivity of the radio (StartDataSession or SetEnhancedAutoconnect) and to control the power state of the radio (SetPower).  These are used by the host device to control the radio state.  There is also Windows functionality called Selective Suspend which automatically powers-down the USB interface to the radio letting the radio go into a low power mode.

The problem is that there is no easy solution for this issue from a module perspective.  The power state of the radio is controlled by the host, so it is up to the Honeywell handheld to control the radio state.  You will need to discuss this with Honeywell to see if there is a host configuration that will meet your requirements.

Regards, Alan

• Up0
  • Down0
Scott_Evans
Posted: Fri, 2012-03-23 09:24

Alan,

Thanks for a prompt reply. I didn't think there was an easy setting to do this, but thought I'd throw it out there. I'll pursue some ot the APIs and get it working.

Scott

• Up0
  • Down0
Alan_Soloway Moderator
Posted: Fri, 2012-03-23 09:28

Hi Scott,

Best of luck and let me know if you have any other questions on the APIs.

Cheers, Alan

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.